Fire Retardant Materials
Pushing the boundaries in transit, architecture and art
北京快三开奖结果彩票控 www.8hib.cn Specified by both architects and engineers, Ashland resins offer lighter weight and cost effective alternatives to traditional construction materials such as steel, aluminum, wood, stone and concrete. Able to be curved, corrugated, ribbed, textured or contoured, these unique products create beautiful designs while adhering to building codes. Extensive testing by our analytics and technical teams ensures the integrity of these materials. Research shows that pound for pound, fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP) provide strength and resistance to severe and extreme weather conditions.
Because they are lightweight, cost-effective, corrosion resistant and virtually maintenance free, architects and engineers specify Modar™ resins over more traditional building materials such as steel, aluminum, wood, stone and concrete. Ashland's line of resins and composite products offer lightweight, cost-effective, corrosion and fire resistant solutions to your construction challenges while creating award winning and functional designs.
Ashland resins are used to manufacture a wide variety of fire and low-smoke composites that are often specified in some architectural applications including: baseboards, columns, doors, facades, grating, ducting, light poles, moldings and cornices, planters, railings, stairways and window frames.
Modar resins can be used with all composite fabrication processes including:
Resin transfer molding (RTM)
In addition to being fire retardant, composites offer:
- to design strong lightweight products with maximum strength as determined by the design
- to absorb blows from the force of a bullet, explosion or flying debris in a storm
- to be fabricated into virtually any shape or configuration
- to mimic the appearance of other building materials including steel, stone or wood at a fraction of the cost
- to be installed without the use of special equipment
- to out-perform traditional materials by retaining their shape, size and function even in extreme conditions
- to offer long-term performance with little to no maintenance for overall cost savings
- Additional benefits:
- Composites don't easily conduct heat or cold thereby providing excellent insulation to help reduce energy costs
- Composites don't conduct electricity and are not magnetic making them ideal for electrical utility poles, cable trays and third rail covers
read more >
Derakane? epoxy vinyl ester resin
Derakane™ offers proven excellence in corrosion-resistant fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) applications, including exceptional durability, superior heat resistance, low maintenance and high performance for even the most challenging environments. Ashland is the largest global supplier of specialty corrosion resins.
Hetron? and Modar? fire retardant resins
When it’s your reputation on the line, you can rely on ours. With more than 50 years of successful application experience, Ashland continues to raise the bar for fire-retardant resins. Thermosetting fire-retardant Modar resins are based on non-halogenated, modified acrylic polymer chemistry, while Hetron fire-retardant resins are based on halogenated polyester or epoxy vinyl ester chemistry. Both accept the addition of alumina t...
Enguard? FR series gelcoats
Enguard™ FR series gelcoats contain mineral fillers and halogenated compounds that help to suppress both smoke and flame requirements when used in conjuction with a fire retardant laminating system. laminates made with Enguard FR series gelcoats have met a V-0 self extinguishing UL-94 rating within 10 seconds with no dripping. Lhttpaminates made with the Enguard FR series gelcoats have also met the ASTM E162-98 (Flame Spread) and ASTM E662-...